Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just let me be

My lord, my mom is giving me shit how I dye my hair and wear make-up yet again. Whether my obsession be a result of low self esteem or for the sake of self expression, cosmetics are something that I take interest in. My mom is your typical Asian parent who has absolutely no appreciation for creativity. Any form of art besides realism or playing a band instrument is not considered art at all. Think outside of the box? Fuck that, conform with everybody else or become a failure.

Although I'm entirely aware of the fact that my parents have gone through hell for my sake, I simply cannot comply with what my mom says. In my eyes, she is incredibly self conscious. She'll embarrass herself to score a deal at the supermarket, but generally, she won't do anything out of the ordinary. To put it quite bluntly, she's a robot. It may be our financial situation that pushes her to be so boring, but it's just that which convinces me to deny what she says. I can't imagine any emotion behind her words. It's just chatter from a pre-recorded machine playing back into my ears. I'm not hurting anybody by ignoring them.

That's what I think.

This might make me a terrible child, but I think my parents are . . . bad parents. They give me the necessities in life (A roof over my head, food to eat, and clothes on my back), however, I don't know any of them personally, and if they died, it kinda be like I lost my goldfish or something. I know, I know, it sounds like I'm just being angsty and what not, but I've felt this way for the longest time.

Personally, I don't think parents should enforce things by saying/doing the same thing over and over again. It's like using a pencil. Lots of writing will eventually lead the pencil to become dull, and nothing can be produced.
Parents should also stop labelling their kids with: Lazy, just like your dad, stupid, etc.
BECAUSE ACCORDING TO STUDIES, THAT TELLS YOUR ASSHOLE CHILD THOSE ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF THEM!!!! SO STFU, AND TELL THEM HOW THEY CAN FIX IT, RATHER THAN CALLING THEM A DUMBASS? YEAH?! TY.

I don't want kids. Is their some kind of surgery you can get so you can become infertile? I need that. I can't stand myself, no babies please.

0 comments:

Post a Comment