Sunday, April 3, 2011

Add me on facebook, decline me f2f?


For those of you who don't remember, my mom just had a baby girl. A lot of people have come over to visit her, and since today was the weekend, a hoard of see lais came to visit my home ridden mother. I was busy at my part time job today, so I didn't know anybody was at home until I arrived to see THE HOARD.... okay, I'll be honest, it was only a couple of see lais. Anyhow, one of the see lais had came over with her daughter (who's name shall remain anon). From experience, I know that sitting around with a bunch of chatty middle aged women is not fun, so I asked if she wanted to go on the computer or something.

"No, it's okay."

I don't know if she was trying to be polite, or if she was genuinely fine with just sitting there, but she turned down my offer twice! According to my mom, everybody had been there for at least 4 hours. If I were her, I would be bored out of my freaking mind.


So far, two of my mom's friends have come over with their daughters, and both of which really like babies. I personally do not like kids. I do not ask for siblings, I do not enjoy babysitting, and I'm not particularly fond on the idea of having my own kids. Some people you meet just naturally exude the feeling of being motherly, I am not one of those people.


The girl who came over hardly spoke a word to me, she just added me on Facebook. I'm starting to agree with my friend, Ash. She told me that Facebook is a a scary thing. You can just add somebody and immediately find out what school they go to, how old they are, where they are employed, see personal photos, and for some iPhone users, even where they are.


WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ART OF CONVERSATION?

-PK

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The art of conversation has disappeared when the Internet became the staple of communication. Sadly, it has degraded face-to-face talks. If you would like to ignore somebody but yet see what they are up to, the Internet is the perfect tool for that. That is why letters are sometimes better because you must think hard before writing down what you want to say. Especially if it is in ink.

Post a Comment